Dora hosted the September 4th meeting of the Knotty Ladies. All active members were in attendance.
• Dora announced that our donation quilt has been taken to Grandma Mitchell for quilting after being in the works for about a year.
• Anyone wishing to see long-arm machine quilting at Cottage Quilts in action can show up at 10:00 a.m. on November 5 and watch Dora. The rate for using this equipment will go up to $20 per hour after October 1.
• On October 12, Dora will demonstrate how to oil a Singer Featherweight at Mountain Stars.
• On October 22, the local genealogy group will present a program on quilt documentation. You can bring your antique quilt to that meeting and possibly learn about its history.
• Quilt shows to consider are Cave Junction from October 18 to 20 and the show at Hugo on October 4 and 5.
• Maxine will investigate what is involved with the Redemption Ridge program.
• If you are interested in carpooling to any of these events, let Meridel know and we can organize a field trip that most likely will include lunch.
Bonnie will be our point person for the December 4 potluck. It was suggested that we invite the Piecemakers to join us. No gifts will be exchanged.
Show and Tell was plentiful this time ranging from children’s gift bags to a plethora of beautiful quilts. This group has been busy.
Helen will host our October 2nd meeting. Her address is 1103 Arrowhead Trail. See you then.